Thursday, January 7, 2010

Weird New Year's Resolutions

I have a Myspace.

I have a Facebook.

I have a blog.

But most of the time, I find myself either embracing them to the point of insanity or avoiding them like. Avoiding them like an ex that doesn't stop calling or coming over after it is clearly over.

----

So with this New Year, comes the resolutions.

Ahh, the resolutions. The only time of the year my obsessive need make lists seems like the status quo as everyone around starts to take stock of all the things they hope for the new year. Things they like to do, buy, aspire to do... Then wait a month before they manage to blow it.

I blew mine in under 2 days.

I tried... I really tried to make a conscientious effort to eat better.

To take charge of my portions. (My Achilles heel) I would make a plate portioned to perfection.

But my cousin made his Texas Egg rolls, and that promptly went out the window.

My brain started to negotiate with my already growling stomach. They were plotting against me. They had been doing such I tried starvation as irrational means of dieting. I manage to haul off with a handful of those bad boys.

Mental note:
Starvation isn’t a very good way of dieting, especially when the stomach starts plotting.

So I decided to stick with things with in my means, instead of making ridiculous expectations on myself.

No comments: