Monday, February 8, 2010

Give Me Five on Monday


Give Me Five reasons you can be thankful this year.


001. My Family. My real family.

Giving birth doesn't make you a good parent, nor does avoiding your family members when they need you the most.

Credit goes to those people who stayed, when they probably shouldn't have. The family members who fought to make me smile when all I wanted to do was die; hugged me for no reason; somehow made me laugh when I wanted to do was cry my eyes out.

To my wife who has stood around through stupid fights that went no way; through me cutting myself; hugged me for hours and hours as I cried and cried over people and things that I was not strong enough to change. I am blessed to have someone so utterly beautiful who loves me through all my crap. And I shovel a lot of it.

To wake up next to that beautiful smile and mind numbing snoring is one of the most treasured things I have.




002. Working in a Recession.

It may not be everything I was hoping for; but it's a start. And a start is all we have sometimes to work with.

***No longer have this job... LONG story***


003. To have a place to live.



004. Writing.

Something so little helps me deal with all varied things that I am going through.
It doesn't matter if its straight doodling in a journal; or writing a story, it acts as a creative outlet for me and I am thankful for it. That I am able to channel my fears, frustation, angry, love all into something other then hurting those around me or myself.

005. Music, for being the thing besides writing that smoothes my savage beast.

I'm thankful for all the artists and bands I have discovered through the iTunes store; car rides in other peoples car's; the fm radio; commericals; movie trailers etc...

No comments: