Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Things You Might Not Know About Me

I love Figure Skating...

I have since I was a little girl. It was one of those things that my mother could prop me in front of the tv after a day of talking her head off, and I would just sit there. Quiet. In awe of the grace and beautiful of this dance on ice happening before me.

I have been watching it for years and years.

Not that many people know that because it's rarely on and I'm too lazy to track it down most of the times.

My favorite part is the music. I love the music they use when they are doing something outside of the box. Usual music from remixes to classic rock to new wave.

This usually takes place doing free skate programs, where they cut the leash of the skater and let break out of the box with something different.

And I sit there like a dork, happy as little pig, if they happened to play an obscure track from an artist I love or adore. Hopping in my chair, talking to myself, because no one can happen me when I watch figure skating. (I talk back to the tv a lot and this makes me appear crazy.)

And so far with the Winter Olympics, no one has stood out for me.

Most of them have given way to the stress of the event and have taken to the floor. Slipping on jumps and having some issues getting through their short programs.

It was a miracle if anyone didn't fall on the floor yesterday.

No comments: